Bioinformatics is the development and application of computational tools and methods to biological or biomedical research data including acquisition, storage, organization analysis or visualization of data.
What we do
- Bioinformatics Analysis: We work with research scientists (faculty, staff, post-docs and graduate students) to provide analysis of their high-throughput sequencing, gene expression, metabolomics, proteomics, and other biological data.
- Consulting prior to experiments– We will meet with you to discuss the types of analysis and support bioinformatics can provide and help design experiments so that analysis is possible. We can help with grant proposals to incorporate bioinformatics data analysis in your research plan. This also demonstrates that we have the capability to perform the analysis. We will also prepare letters of support for your proposal.
- Data analysis for genome resequencing, ChIP-Seq transcription factor analysis, RNA-Seq analysis, de novo assembly, metagenomic sequencing, and gene set enrichment analysis. We perform the analysis and meet with you to report back the results.
- Application development help develop custom applications to enhance research through web applications for data analysis, custom pipelines, databases and/or visualization, and web services interfaces to large databases, and custom analysis tools.
- Training – Although not currently deployed, we will be developing training programs to assist researchers in learning the computational tools that can be translated back to their labs.
**Individuals interested in applying to the graduate program should click here: or email email@example.com . Do not request information through this web form, it will not be processed.
Contact the Bioinformatics Core
To contact the Bioinformatics Core to request consultation or service, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may contact us through this web form.